10 Best Tips For A New Mother
1. Always, always ask for help. Put your ego aside and take all the help you can get. Because trust me - on day 3 of zero sleep, you will get stabby and regret everything.
2. Invest in baby wipes or equivalents.
3. Practice the art of selective deafness. Everyone, from the neighbors to Uber drivers think they know how to raise your child. IGNORE. IGNORE. IGNORE.4. Find the humor in everything.
Motherhood is a hilarious experience and remember that it can save your sanity. Figure out a way to laugh when you want to scream. It really helps diffuse the stress. And worst case, your maniacal laughter will scare the husband into cooking dinner for a change.
5. Forgive yourself. Accept that you’re doing your best. For your children, you’re enough and you’re irreplaceable. So forgive yourself.
6. It’s ok to stop after 1 baby. If you’re unsure, wait for a year and reevaluate.
7. Dads matter. Some men are natural parents and others figure it out with time. Give your partner lots of chances to bond with the baby. Don’t take no for an answer, hey it’s his child too!
And here’s where I pause and raise my virtual glass to single women (by choice/divorced/widowed). Ladies! You are inspirational and heroic, and seriously? Major respect for taking life by the horns. Your children are watching you lead by example. You just keep rocking and being role models for women everywhere!
8. Self-care is CRUCIAL. Be selfish and put yourself first sometimes.
9. There are no rights and wrongs. What works for someone else may fail for you. And vice versa.
10. It’s ok to dislike this life sometimes. Even with your best efforts, some days will suck and drain everything out of you. During such times, the only thing to do is order in pizza and call it an early night. Because tomorrow WILL get better.
- by our #blogger Pavi Raman
📌Read more - https://www.momspresso.com/parenting/personally-pavi/article/10-best-tips-for-a-new-mother
#Momspresso #momspressoblog #Momspressoblogger #Newmom #Newparents #Newmother #Momlife #Momlifebelike #Parenthood #Momma #Parenting #Fatherhood #Mommy #Momsofinstagram #Motherhoodthroughinstagram #motherhoodjourney#Usefultips